SQL Server Task Automation
Centralized Management and Cross-Platform Integration
JAMS Job Scheduler connects SQL Server jobs to enterprise-wide workflows. Its robust scheduling features extend beyond functionality
available in SQL Server Agent and enable you to manage all your SQL jobs from a
single console, even if jobs need to run on multiple SQL Servers. JAMS also provides
reliable and secure integration with dependent and scheduled jobs on non-SQL applications
Enterprise Database. Enterprise Rules. No Exceptions.
With JAMS, DBAs and non-DBAs can automate SQL jobs without compromising efficiency
or security. Schedule jobs according to any custom date or time specification and
keep every job secure according to the precise roles and access levels you define
for your users.
JAMS Features for SQL Automation
These are just some of the features that make JAMS ideal for managing SQL Server
- Chain jobs across multiple SQL Servers. Give operators the ability
to reschedule, restart, and manage a discrete set of jobs, securely.
- Single Scheduling Console - View and manage jobs on all SQL Servers
through a centralized administrative console. Use the same console to integrate
SQL Server jobs with other scripts and applications.
- Parameter Handling - Capture parameters from SQL query output and
pass them to jobs on other servers, databases, or applications.
- Centrally manage variables within SQL jobs, DTS Packages, and SSIS.
- Alerting - Detailed alerts by email, voice, text or monitoring
framework, each with customizable log data and tools for responding to the alert.
Sample Job Templates Included with JAMS
JAMS Job Scheduler includes sample jobs for many common SQL tasks DBAs need to execute
on a regular basis. Modify them with your own variables and parameters. JAMS includes
- Back up Databases
- Back up Database Logs
- Check Database Integrity
- Run a Database Maintenance Plan
- Execute SQL Commands
- Query JAMS Jobs - Use a SQL query to get the status of a JAMS job.
Also contains the option to use PowerShell to perform a SQL query and return its
- Execute a SQL Query - Use a PowerShell command or script to execute
a custom SQL command.
- Export Database Views - Get a list of views on the specific database.
Apply a filter and export the data to a .csv file.
- Query Job Audit History - Use a SQL query to list different versions
of each job.
Supported SQL Platforms
JAMS Job Scheduler supports all of the following platforms:
- SQL 2012
- SQL 2008 R2
- SQL 2008
- SQL 2005